Frequently Asked Questions About Membership Fees

I haven't received my Membership Fee Statement, can I download a paper/hardcopy?

Paper statements are not mailed. You will file your Membership Fee Statement online. Once completed you’ll have the opportunity to pay for fees online or print your statement to mail with a paper check. If you pay online, you’ll still be able to print a copy of your membership statement.

Why am I not receiving emails from the State Bar of Arizona about my Annual Fee?

As we approach the deadline for filing your Annual Fee Statement for 2024, we want to ensure that you stay informed about your membership fee. If you've noticed a lapse in receiving email notifications from the State Bar of Arizona regarding your fees, please take a moment to update your email preferences by contacting us via email with the following.


Contact: sba.communications@staff.azbar.org

When is the deadline for filing my fee statement and paying membership fees?

The filing deadline is on or before February 1, 2022, pursuant to Arizona Supreme Court Rule 32(c)(10) late fees are assessed thereafter.

Can I get some technical help if I need it?

Absolutely. Email a screen shot of the error message or summary of your issue to membership@staff.azbar.org or call the Resource Center at 602.340.7239 Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Do I need to login into my State Bar Member account to pay my fees?

Yes you must login to your member account.

Need to create your user account? Click here for instructions.

What happens if I don't pay my fees or I resign? 

If you don't pay your fees, you will be subject to summary suspension for non-payment.

If you choose to resign from the State Bar, once the Court issues an order of resignation you will no longer be required to pay fees. To resign, contact the Resource Center for the required resignation affidavit and instructions. membership@staff.azbar.org or 602-340-7239. 

If you are suspended or have resigned click here for reinstatement information.

If I mail my check what address do I send it to and whom do I make my check payable to?

Mail a copy of your statement and check to

State Bar of Arizona
PO Box 842699
Los Angeles, CA 90084-2699

Please make your check payable to State Bar of Arizona.

Does the Bar allow partial payments?

The Bar does not accept partial payments. Full payment of fees is required on or before February 1, 2022 to avoid late fees.

Do you have a lower rate for government attorneys?

No, the Bar does not provide alternative payment structures for government employees.

Am I required to fill out the Pro Bono portion of the fees statement?

No, this is strictly voluntary. The information is only used in the aggregate.

How do I update my address?

When you begin the filing process for your Membership Fee Statement you will be required to confirm your contact information. You can update your address and other contact information there. Or when you login to your State Bar member account you can click the green “Update Profile” button from your member dashboard.

Do I need to mail a hard copy if I have already submitted my statement and payment online?

No, if you have filed your fee statement and paid online, do not mail a hardcopy.

I am experiencing a financial or medical hardship, is there help available?

Click here for the hardship waiver policy and application.

I already filed my fee statements but I have changes or need to make a correction, how do I do that?

To submit an amended statement:

  • Print a copy of your filed 2022 Fee Statement.
  • Write “Amended” at the top of the page
  • Make the necessary change(s) to the form and initial each change
  • Sign and date the amended statement (page 2)
  • Return the amended statement to us – you may scan and email it – membershipfee@staff.azbar.org

How Are the Years of Admission Calculated?

Years of admission are based on the first year of your admission to ANY jurisdiction.  So if you were admitted in 2019 you fall in the 3+ category. 2019 = year 1, 2020 = year 2, 2021 = year 3 and 2022 = year 4.