State Bar of Arizona Strategic Plan 2024-2026
Strategic Priority 1: The State Bar of Arizona promotes the highest standards of member ethics, competence and professionalism, and fosters a legal profession equipped to serve the community’s legal needs.
1. Promote the highest ethical standards to maintain a self-regulated profession
2. Adapt professional rules to promote innovation and the efficient delivery of legal services
3. Support the diversity and inclusion of the legal profession to better reflect the community it serves
Strategic Priority 2: The State Bar of Arizona works to improve and sustain the justice system so it is fair, just, and accessible to all.
1. Advance approaches that increase the accessibility of legal services to all Arizonans
2. Encourage SBA member participation in access to justice initiatives
3. Work to build processes and structures that eliminate bias within the legal profession and justice system
4. Educate the public about the rule of law and the role of the courts and legal professionals in a democracy
Strategic Priority 3: The State Bar of Arizona serves and protects the public by supporting members’ professional growth, development, and satisfaction in the practice of law.
1. Equip members to adapt to the changing legal landscape, such as AI
2. Create an inclusive, welcoming atmosphere that fosters civility and professionalism
3. Support member wellness
4. Support member competency and continuing professional development
Strategic Priority 4: The State Bar of Arizona sustains a culture of organizational excellence to advance its mission and the strategic plan.
1. Encourage institutional procedures that support the wellbeing, efficiency and business continuity of members and staff
2. Support inclusion, diversity and equity in bar governance, organizations and staff
3. Utilize resources wisely to maintain a solid financial position in support of its mission
Amended and adopted by the Board of Governors on December 1, 2023.