Frequently Asked Questions About Annual Fees

Q: I haven't received my 2019 Annual Fee Statement; can I download a paper/hardcopy? Paper statements are not mailed.

 Paper statements are not mailed.  You will file your 2019 Annual Fee Statement online. Once completed you’ll have the opportunity to pay for fees online or print your statement to mail with a paper check. If you pay online, you’ll still be able to print a copy of your statement.

To file your statement, GO  You will be required log into your State Bar user account on the site. For additional instructions go to: Annual Member Fees Statement Instructions

Need to create your user account?  Click here for instructions. 

Q: When is the deadline for membership fees?
A: Fees payments are due on or before February 1, 2019 in order to avoid late penalties.
Q: Can I get some technical help if I need it?
A: Absolutely. Call the Resource Center at 602.340.7239 Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Q: Do I need to login into my Azbar account to pay my fees?

Yes you must login to your Azbar account.

Need to create your user account?  Click here for instructions.


What happens if I don't pay my fees or I resign? 


If you choose not to pay your fees, you will be subject to summary suspension for non-payment.

If you resign from the State Bar, once the Court issues an order of resignation you will no longer be required to pay fees.  To resign, contact the Resource Center for the required resignation affidavit and instructions. or 602-340-7239. 

If you are suspended or have resigned click here for reinstatement information.

Q: If I mail my check what address do I send it to and whom do I make my check payable to?
A: Please mail your check to PO Box 53099; Phoenix, AZ 85072-3099.
Make your check payable to State Bar of Arizona.
Q: Does the Bar allow partial payments?
A: The Bar does not accept partial payments. Full payment of fees is required on or before February 1, 2019 to avoid penalties.
Q: Do you have a lower rate for government attorneys?
A: The Bar does not provide alternative payment structures for government employees.
Q: Am I required to fill out the Pro Bono portion of the fees statement?
A: No, this is strictly voluntary. The information is only used in the aggregate.
Q: How do I update my address?

When you begin the filing process for your 2019 Annual Fee Statement you will required to confirm your contact information.  You can update your address and other contact information there.  Or when you login to your State Bar member account you can click the green “Update Profile” button.

Q: Do I need to mail a hard copy if I have already submitted my statement and payment online?

No, if you have filed your fee statement and paid online, do not mail a hardcopy.

Note: if you have changes or updates to make AFTER you have submitted your statement and payment online (i.e. changes to your IOLTA account, adding or removing sections or voluntary contributions)

you will contact the Resource Center for instructions on amending your 2019 fee statement. or 602.340.7239.

Q: Can I pay my fees over the phone?
A: For security purposes, please make your secure payment online. Using this service provides you security and immediate confirmation.
 Q: How do I apply for a hardship waiver?
 A: Click here for the hardship waiver policy and application.
 Q: I'm a federal employee currently on furloughed status. What can I do?
 A: Click here for instructions.




Copyright ©2004-2019 State Bar of Arizona