New Member Checklist
- Take the Professionalism Course within one year of admission. (Rule 34(n), Ariz. R. Sup. Ct.)
- Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Requirements (MCLE) for new admittees (Rule 45, Ariz. R. Sup. Ct.): MCLE Educational Year July 1 - June 30
- For the year in which you were admitted:
- Admission between July 1 and Dec. 31, you must complete 10 total CLE hrs., 2 of which must be Professional Responsibility (Ethics)
- Admission between Jan. 1 and June 30 you do not have an MCLE requirement for the current educational year
- The CLE requirement for subsequent educational years is 15 total hours, 3 of which must be Professional Responsibility (Ethics)
- Earn CLE hours by June 30 each year
- MCLE Affidavit filed by September 15 each year
- Pay your annual membership fee on or before February 1 each year
- Establish an IOLTA account, if appropriate
- Keep your contact information current with the State Bar (Rule 32 (c)(3), Ariz. R. Sup. Ct.) Report any changes to your contact information (firm, address, email address, telephone number, other jurisdictions in which you are admitted) to the State Bar within 30 days of its effective date.
For more information, contact the State Bar of Arizona Resource Center at 602.340.7239.