Administrative Advisory Commission
The Board of Legal Specialization (BLS), pursuant to Rule 44, Ariz. R. Sup. Ct., regulates the certification of legal specialists in nine practice areas: Administrative, Bankruptcy, Criminal, Estate and Trust, Family, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death, Real Estate, Tax, and Workers’ Compensation. Each area of specialization has an Advisory Commission to actively administer the program in its particular field, under the policy guidance of the BLS.
Administrative Law Advisory Commission: Composed of ten attorneys selected from among active members with experience in the field of administrative law (defined as the practice of law dealing with the regulatory, licensing, enforcement, and adjudicative powers of local, state and federal governmental agencies), and selected in a manner so as to give the commission a balanced representation of practitioners from the various fields of administrative law.
- Review/investigate applications for initial certification or recertification.
- Convene and preside over Request for Reconsideration hearings.
- Report recommendations for initial certification or recertification to the Board of Legal Specialization.
Time Commitment: Advisory Commission’s meet three (3) to six (6) times per year. The length of the meetings may vary, but typically last 30 to 60 minutes.
For more information contact:
4201 N. 24th Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-6266
"The purpose of the legal specialization program is to identify to the public and the Bar those lawyers who have demonstrated superior knowledge, skill, integrity, professionalism, and a high degree of competence in a specific field of law so that the public can more closely match its needs with available services, and to permit lawyers to better serve the public by increasing the quality of legal services."
- BLS Meeting Agendas/Minutes
- Administrative Advisory Commission
- Bankruptcy Advisory Commission
- Criminal Advisory Commission
- Estate & Trust Advisory Commission
- Family Advisory Commission
- Personal Injury / Wrongful Death Advisory Commission
- Real Estate Advisory Commission
- Tax Advisory Commission Mission
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Commission