Recommend to the Board of Governors the appointment of members to fill openings on state-wide boards, committees and commissions. Achieve a "balance" in all appointments as they relate to each voluntary professional activity, i.e., age, gender, geography, ethnicity, area of practice.
Time Commitment: The Committee meets approximately 7 times per year, usually for 2 hours.
The Committee and the Board of Governors consider all aspects of diversity in their recommendations and appointments.
For more information, including public meeting information, please contact:
Professional Volunteer Opportunities (see below)
The State Bar Appointments Committee is currently accepting applications from Active Members to fill the following upcoming vacancies. Application forms are due at the State Bar office by the deadlines noted and can be obtained by contacting Carrie.Sherman@staff.azbar.org or calling 602.340.7201. Click on the link below to download an attorney (or non-attorney public member) application form.
The Standing Appointments Committee and the Board of Governors consider all aspects of diversity in their recommendations and appointments.
Attorney Application Form here.
Non-Attorney Public Member Application Form here.
The Board of Governors will address openings on the following entities during 2023-2024:
• American Bar Association House of Delegates
• Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness
• Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Examinations
• City of Peoria Judicial and Public Defender Advisory Board
• City of Phoenix Judicial Selection Advisory Board
• City of Tempe Judicial Advisory Board
• Client Protection Fund Board of Trustees
• Community Legal Services Board of Directors
• State Bar of Arizona Board of Governors – Non-Lawyer Member
• State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization – Lawyer (Specialists and Non-Specialists) and Non-Lawyer Members
The Board of Governors' Special Constitutional Appointments Committee recruits and screens applicants for the following judicial nominating commissions (go to https://www.azbar.org/about-us/board-of-governors/board-committees/special-constitutional-appointments-committee/):
• Arizona Commission on Appellate Court Appointments
• Coconino County Commission on Trial Court Appointments
• Maricopa County Commission on Trial Court Appointments
• Pima County Commission on Trial Court Appointments
• Pinal County Commission on Trial Court Appointments
For more information about these professional volunteer positions, contact Carrie.Sherman@staff.azbar.org or call 602.340.7201.