Recommend to the Board of Governors the appointment of members to fill openings on state-wide boards, committees and commissions. Achieve a "balance" in all appointments as they relate to each voluntary professional activity, i.e., age, gender, geography, ethnicity, area of practice. Time Commitment: The Committee meets approximately 7 times per year, usually for 2 hours.
The Committee and the Board of Governors consider all aspects of diversity in their recommendations and appointments.
For more information contact:
4201 N. 24th Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-6266
Professional Volunteer Opportunities
The State Bar Appointments Committee is currently accepting applications from Active Members to fill the following upcoming vacancies. Application forms are due at the State Bar office by the deadlines noted and can be obtained by contacting Carrie Sherman at Carrie.Sherman@staff.azbar.org or 602.340.7201. An application form can also be downloaded from the Bar’s Web site www.azbar.org -- (click on: For Lawyers/Sections, Committees, Panels and Working Groups/Committees, Panels and Working Groups/Committees/Appointments).
The Standing Appointments Committee and the Board of Governors consider all aspects of diversity in their recommendations and appointments.
Attorney Application Form here.
Non-Attorney Public Member Application Form here.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:
(Application Deadline: March 22, 2019 COB)
*(Application Deadline: April 26, 2019)
(Application Deadline: Open Until Filled)
The Board of Governors will also address openings on the following entities during 2019-2020:
- American Bar Association House of Delegates
- Arizona Commission on Appellate Court Appointments
- Arizona Commission on Judicial Conduct
- City of Glendale Judicial Selection Advisory Board
- City of Mesa Judicial Advisory Board
- City of Peoria Judicial Selection Advisory Board
- Client Protection Fund Board of Trustees
- Community Legal Services Board of Directors
- DNA-People’s Legal Services Board of Directors
- Maricopa County Commission on Trial Court Appointments
- Pima County Commission on Trial Court Appointments
- Pinal County Commission on Trial Court Appointments
- State Bar of Arizona Board of Governors – Public Members
For more information about these professional volunteer positions, contact Carrie Sherman at Carrie.Sherman@staff.azbar.org or at (602) 340-7201.