Discipline System Oversight Committee
The Discipline System Oversight Committee was established by the Arizona Supreme Court by Administrative Order No. 2019 - 145 dated November 6, 2019.
The Committee shall:
- oversee the performance of the disciplinary duties delegated to the chief bar counsel
- periodically review the productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of the State Bar of Arizona's duties outlined in Supreme Court Rule 49 in order to help ensure that the discipline system is adequately protecting the public.
The Committee's composition is as follows:
- Chairperson shall be a justice appointed by the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court
- CEO/Executive Director of the State Bar of Arizona
- Three members of the Board of Governors appointed by the Chief Justice
- Two members of the Board of Governors, one of those a public member, appointed by the president of the State Bar of Arizona.