The purposes of this section are:
- To promote excellence in the practice of juvenile law;
- To be the voice of the juvenile law practitioner within the State Bar of Arizona;
- To provide a forum for the discussion of issues pertaining to juveniles;
- To sponsor and encourage education, participation and specialization in the practice of juvenile law;
- To enhance the professional image of the juvenile law practitioner;
- To cooperate with other sections of the State Bar of Arizona in matter concerning juveniles; and
- To sponsor, promote and participate in legislative and rule-making matters concerning juveniles.
The section understands that all of its activities must be consistent with State Bar policy and procedure and some may indeed require prior authorization and approval by the Board of Governors of the State Bar.
The Juvenile Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona consists predominantly of lawyers practicing in Arizona's Juvenile Courts handling dependency or delinquency cases. But the section is open to all Juvenile Court professionals, including judges, probation officers, counselors, and others who care about youth in Arizona.
The section meets monthly to discuss current topics in various fields, learn new things, enjoy good fellowship, and prepare continuing legal education programs as a service to the community. Occasionally, the Section will comment on or propose new Juvenile Court Rules under the guidance of the State Bar of Arizona. Each summer, the section presents and attends a program for the Annual State Bar of Arizona Convention in June. The section also meets for an entire Saturday in July for an annual Section Retreat.
If you work with, or just care about, young people in Arizona, the section invites you to join and start making a real difference about which you can be proud.
Interested in joining this section? Enroll now to start networking and collaborating with members in your practice area!
SBA Section Administrator
4201 N. 24th Street, Suite 210
Phoenix, AZ 85016-6266