- To provide an opportunity for attorneys representing owners, architects/engineers, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers to discuss construction problems in both the private and public sectors.
- To serve as a vehicle for attorneys involved with the construction industry to become better informed about developments in construction law.
- To sponsor programs for improved related legal services.
- To foster communications among members of the construction bar and the construction industry.
The Construction Section is a fairly large and active section of the State Bar of Arizona. The section has been in existence since 1987 and currently has nearly 400 members. Annual Dues are $35/year. Activities of the section include:
- Monthly luncheon programs held in Downtown Phoenix during the months of September through May
- Occasional luncheon programs held in Downtown Tucson
- Sponsorship of a half-day CLE program during the State Bar Annual Convention
- Sponsorship of an additional CLE program in the Spring or Fall
- Monthly lunch programs that qualify for CLE credit and keep you informed on important issues in your construction practice.
- Copy of expert witness handbook.
- Opportunity to discuss construction related issues with fellow practitioners
Each year, the section is led by an Executive Council consisting of a chair, chair-elect, past chair, secretary, budget officer, three members-atlarge, YLD representative, and a Board of Governors liaison. The members-at-lLarge are elected to serve three-year terms; all others serve one-year terms. The council meets monthly, usually on the third Thursday of each month, to plan the monthly lunch and CLE programs and to discuss various topics of concern to the section.
Membership in the section requires the payment of annual dues and is open to any State Bar member in good standing or any qualified individual involved in the construction industry. However, membership by a person who is not a member of the State Bar is considered an associate membership and does not hold rights to vote or serve on the council.
Interested in joining this section? Enroll now to start networking and collaborating with members in your practice area!
SBA Section Administrator
4201 N. 24th Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-6266