The purpose of the section shall be to promote the highest level of appellate advocacy and to foster a fair and efficient appeal process. To these ends, the section will:
- provide a forum for appellate practitioners and judges to meet and exchange ideas and concerns;
- recommend and support ways to improve the appellate process;
- review existing and proposed rules affecting appellate practice;
- sponsor CLE programs relating to appellate practice and appellate advocacy;
- conduct discussion groups regarding various aspects of the appeals process;
- disseminate information to the bar and to the public about the appeals process;
- cultivate candidates for the appellate bench;
- work with the Board of Legal Specialization and any Advisory Commission of the State Bar to develop guidelines for specialization as an Appellate Advocate.
SAVE-THE-DATE! 2014 ARIZONA APPELLATE PRACTICE INSTITUTE
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Location: Arizona Summit Law School
Hands-on Interactive with the Best of the Best!
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
The Institute provides an intensive, hands-on learning experience. You will prepare a short appellate brief in advance from a closed set of materials, and present a 20-minute oral argument at the Institute. A faculty composed of sitting judges and experienced appellate lawyers will provide one-on-one critiques of your brief and argument. Participation is limited to ensure you will benefit from a high degree of faculty interaction.
More Information to Follow
Interested in joining this section? Enroll now to start networking and collaborating with members in your practice area!
SBA Section Administrator
4201 N. 24th Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-6266