State Bar Annual Convention CLE Program
Each year, CMWL organizes a CLE program centered on minorities and women in the law at the State Bar's convention in June.
Past seminar topics include:
- 2016 - Thinking Like a Lawyer: A Game-Show Approach to Implicit Bias
- 2015 - If You Build It, They Will Come ... Success through Client Development
- 2014 - The Reality of the Affordable care Act: A Work in Progress. This seminar was co-sponsored with the Committee on Persons with Disabilities in the Legal Profession.
- 2013- Legal Zombies: How are those who were granted Deferred Action under the recent Executive Order treated in other areas of the law, since they are neither undocumented nor documented?
- 2012- A Healthy Debate: How does the Affordable Care Act Work? Is it Consitutional? The seminar was co-sponsored with the Commitee on Persons with Disabilities in the Legal Profession.
- 2011 - Who's Holding the Keys? Premption Issues and Immigration Policy: the Courts, the States and the United States. The seminar was co-sponsored with the Appellate Practice and Immigration Law Sections.