State Bar Annual Convention CLE Program
Each year, CMWL organizes a CLE program centered on minorities and women in the law at the State Bar's convention in June.
Past seminar topics include:
- 2014 - The Reality of the Affordable care Act: A Work in Progress. This seminar was co-sponsored with the Committee on Persons with Disabilities in the Legal Profession.
- 2013- Legal Zombies: How are those who were granted Deferred Action under the recent Executive Order treated in other areas of the law, since they are neither undocumented nor documented?
- 2012- A Healthy Debate: How does the Affordable Care Act Work? Is it Consitutional? The seminar was co-sponsored with the Commitee on Persons with Disabilities in the Legal Profession.
- 2011 - Who's Holding the Keys? Premption Issues and Immigration Policy: the Courts, the States and the United States. The seminar was co-sponsored with the Appellate Practice and Immigration Law Sections.
- 2010 - How Judges Think: Cognitive Illusions, Diversity and Judicial Decision Making. This was co-sponsored with the Appellate Practice Section.
- 2009 - Promises, Purposes and Progress, Revisiting Landmark Civil Rights Legislation and the Americans with Disabilities Act. This was co-sponsored with the Committee on Persons with Disabilities in the Legal Profession and the Employment & Labor Law Section.
- 2008 - Staying relevant: Civil Rights in 2008, Learning from the past, addressing today's concerns and preparing for future challenges. Co-sponsored with Committee on Persons With Disabilities in the Legal Profession
- 2007 - The D Word: A Candid Look at Achieving a Diverse Legal Profession
- 2006 - Dealing with Differences: Breaking Barriers for Bottom-Line Benefits. Co-sponsored with Committee on Persons with Disabilities and the Arizona Women Lawyers Association.