Military Legal Assistance Committee
To address legal issues and needs associated with military personnel and veterans and their families in Arizona.
Please note: The committee does not provide legal representation or advice. We can direct you to legal resources in your community that may be able to assist you.
For more information contact:
Wark Parker, 602.340.7205
or Pat Giallanza, 602.340.7226
4201 N. 24th Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-6266
The Military Legal Assistance Committee will:
- Assess current legal services available to military personnel, veterans and their families.
- Determine where gaps in legal services exist.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Governors to address those gaps.
- Serve as a focal point for legal issues affecting military personnel, veterans and their families in Arizona.
Veterans and active duty personnel can request copies of service records online.
The website of the National Archives and Records Administration is http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
This site gives instructions to submit a SF 180 - Request Pertaining to Military Records. It also has links for:
- Personnel Files (OMPFs)
- Request Service Records or Proof of Military Service
- Locations of Military Service Records
- Medical and Health Records
- Correcting Service Records and Discharges
- Replacement Medals and Awards
- Military Service Records at the National Personnel Records Center's Archival Research Room
NARA has an online document request service called eVetRecs which allows you to Request Copies of Military Personnel Records online. This system provides a customized order form to request information from your or your relative's, military personnel records. To utilize this system, you will need to leave the VA website and go to: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html
Questions about your military records may also be sent to:
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
If You Need a Lawyer
The Committee does not provide referrals to lawyers. If you need to find a lawyer, please check the Resources link on this page or contact:
Maricopa County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Pima County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service