FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 25, 2012
Contact: Rick DeBruhl, Chief Communications Officer
Phone: 602.340.7335, Mobile: 602.513.6385
Bar Leadership Institute Selects 2012 Participants
PHOENIX - Sept. 25, 2012 - The State Bar of Arizona Bar Leadership Institute Selection Committee has selected 14 attorneys from across the state to participate in the 2012-2013 Bar Leadership Institute (BLI).
For the sixth year in a row, the BLI will provide its participants with a nine-month leadership program that will foster their professional growth and enhance their leadership skills.
- Heather Baker, Maricopa County Public Defender
- Laura Huff, Arizona Attorney General
- Cid Kallen, Federal Public Defender
- Elizabeth Kruschek, Federal Public Defender
- Tabatha LaVoie, LaVoie Law Firm, P.C.
- Blair Moses, Polsinelli Shugart PC
- Ray Maldonado, Law Office of Ray A. Ybarra Maldonado, PLC
- Bradley Martin, American Express
- Doreen McPaul, Tohono O'odham Nation
- Nicole Ong, Snell & Wilmer
- Wilbert Rocker, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Jessica Sanchez, Udall, Shumway
- Christopher Tozzo, Solo Practitioner
- Annamarie Valdivia Frank, Federal Public Defender
The Bar Leadership Institute provides participants with a rigorous education and training program that includes leadership, ethics, and career development along with up to two years of CLE credit. It also includes sessions that prepare them for interaction and relationship building with members of the legal, judicial, and executive government sectors as well as diverse organizations and communities.
The 14 participants were selected based on their legal and non-legal community contributions as well as their statements of interest and qualifications. All participants must be active Bar members in good standing. The participants represent a diverse range of racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious communities, among others.
Upon completion, the BLI participants must commit to a full year of active involvement with the State Bar and/or the community.
For more information on the Bar Leadership Institute, contact Elena Nethers at 602.340.7393.
About the State Bar
The State Bar of Arizona is a non-profit organization that operates under the supervision of the Arizona Supreme Court. The Bar includes approximately 17,000 active attorneys and provides education and development programs for the legal profession and the public. Since 1933 the Bar and its members have been committed to serving the public by making sure the voices of all people in Arizona are heard in our justice system.
# # #