Frequently Asked Questions

I need an attorney.  How can I find one?

While the State Bar of Arizona is not permitted to provide any legal advice or referrals to lawyers, you can use the "Find a Lawyer" feature on this website to find a lawyer by name, area of practice or office location. All attorneys who are members of the State Bar of Arizona are listed on the State Bar's website. Check the "activity" information to see if the lawyer has ever been disciplined.

For Lawyer Referral Services, contact:

  • Maricopa County Bar Lawyer Referral Service 602.257.4434
    They will schedule a 30-minute consultation with you and an attorney for a $40.00 fee.
  • Pima County Bar Lawyer Referral Service 520.623.4625 For a non-refundable fee of $35 due at the time of the referral, the Lawyer Referral Service will provide you with a licensed attorney who will provide you with a 30-minute consultation.

I can't afford an attorney. Who can I contact for help?

Call Legal Learn, a service provided by the Arizona Bar Foundation, at 866.637.5341. You can also search,, or

Who do I complain to about my attorney?

Call our hotline at 602.340.7280. Our Attorney/Client Assistance Program representatives will listen to your concerns and help to resolve the problem.

If your concern involves what you believe to be criminal activity by your lawyer, you can also contact the Attorney General's Office at or contact the office by mail at:

Attorney General Office
1275 West Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007
602.542.5025 or toll-free at 800.352.8431
Fax 602.542.4085


Copyright ©2004-2016 State Bar of Arizona