Electronic Materials Frequently Asked Questions
1. Since the Bar is not providing a printed copy of the materials, how will I receive my materials for the seminar?
You will receive an email 24-48 hours prior to the start of the seminar containing a link to the materials.
2. Which email address will you use to send the materials email?
Materials will be sent to the email address associated with your membership record on file with the Bar. Please make sure your email is updated with the Bar to ensure receipt of materials. To verify your email address click on 'address change form' which will display the current information. If you need to change your email address then do so by submitting the address change request form online.
3. I'm already paying to attend the seminar, so why do I need to pay for printed materials?
In continuing with the State Bar of Arizona's green initiative, the CLE department is providing registrants their seminar materials in an electronic format.
4. If I want to purchase a printed copy of the seminar materials, how much will it cost?
Prices vary depending on the size the materials for the seminar.
5. How do I purchase a printed copy of the materials?
You may call 602.340.7318 (Phoenix) or 520.623.9944 (Tucson) or email email@example.com to arrange for a printed copy of the materials. In order to ensure the printed copy is ready in time, the CLE department recommends you call/email at least 48 hours before the start of the seminar. Requests received less than 48 hours prior to the program may not be ready the day of the seminar.
6. Will there be WiFi available at the seminar? If so, will it be available in all seminar rooms, public areas, vendor area, etc.?
WiFi may be available at the seminar. WiFi will be available at both Bar locations, as outlined below. WiFi may or may not be available at offsite venues such as hotels and resorts.
- Tucson office: seminar room and all public areas
- Phoenix office: seminar room and all public areas
7. Will I be able to download and print my materials at the seminar?
We highly recommend that you print any necessary materials needed prior to attending the seminar. If you have a laptop/tablet, we recommend you download your materials to your hard drive before attending the seminar. The State Bar will not have printing services available.
8. I have a tablet. Will I be able to annotate the materials using this device?
Since the materials will be available as PDF documents, you may wish to download a PDF Reader application that will allow you to annotate your document. There are various apps available including, but not limited to, the following:
- Adobe Reader Free
- Good Reader for iPad
- ezPDF Reader
9. How long will seminar materials be available for me to download?
Electronic seminar materials will be available for 90 days from the date of the seminar; however, it is important that you download your materials to a more permanent location for future use. Once the 90-day period ends, materials will no longer be available.
10. What if I do not pre-register for a seminar, but pay at the door? How will I receive my materials?
In order to retrieve materials the day of the seminar, you must have a laptop, tablet or other electronic device with you that will allow you to electronically access the seminar materials. When you register at the door, a link for the materials will be sent to the email address on file with the Bar.
11. What if I do not receive the email containing the link to download the seminar materials?
Emails regarding seminar materials will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam or junk mail folder for an email from email@example.com. You can also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email program's white or safe list to ensure future delivery. If you have not received the materials 12 hours prior to the start of the seminar, please email email@example.com.