Electronic Materials Frequently Asked Questions
1. Since there are no hard copies to pick up, how will I get my materials?
You will receive an email prior to the seminar containing a link to your materials. If you prefer to take a printed copy to your seminar, please print it before you arrive at the seminar. No hard copies will be available for pick up at the seminar.
2. Which email address will materials be sent to?
Materials will be sent to the email address on file with the Bar. Please make sure your email is updated with the Bar to ensure receipt of materials.
3. What if I want a hard copy of the seminar materials?
A limited number of hard copies will be available for an extra charge.
4. I’m already paying to attend the seminar, so why do I need to pay for printed materials?
As a cost-saving measure, as well as move forward with the SBA’s green initiatives, the CLE department is providing registrants their seminar materials in an electronic format. The advantage of “going green” serves multiple benefits:
- Allows the Bar to keep registration fees at the 2008 price
- No more lugging around big binders of materials
- Easy access to materials
5. If I want to purchase a hard copy of the seminar materials, how much will it cost?
Prices for hard copy materials will be between $20 - $40, depending on the manual.
6. How do I purchase hard copy materials?
You may call 520.623.9944 (Tucson) or 602.340.7318 (Phoenix) or email email@example.com arrange for hard copy materials. In order to ensure you receive a hard copy, the CLE department recommends you call/email at least 24 hours before the seminar. Requests received less than 24 hours prior to the program may not be ready the day of the seminar.
7. Will there be WiFi available at the seminar? If so, will it be available in all seminar rooms, public areas, vendor area, etc.?
WiFi may be available at the seminar. WiFi will be available at both Bar locations, as outlined below. WiFi may or may not be available at offsite venues such as hotels and resorts.
• Tucson office: seminar room and all public areas
• Phoenix office: seminar room and all public areas
8. Will I be able to download and print my materials at the seminar?
We highly recommend that you print any necessary materials needed prior to attending the seminar. If you have a laptop/tablet, we recommend you download your materials to your hard drive before attending the seminar. The State Bar will not have printing services available.
9. I have a tablet. Will I be able to annotate the materials using this device?
Since the materials will be available as PDF documents, you may wish to download a PDF Reader application that will allow you to annotate your document. There are various apps available including, but not limited to, the following:
• Adobe Reader Free
• Good Reader for iPad
• ezPDF Reader
10. How long will seminar materials be available for me to download?
Electronic seminar materials will be available for 90 days from the date of the seminar; however, it is important that you download your materials to a more permanent location for future use. Once the 90-day period ends, materials will no longer be available.
11. Do I need to print a hard copy of seminar materials to be in compliance with MCLE regulations?
No, you do not need to print a hard copy of the seminar materials. In order to comply with MCLE regulations, you must have access to the materials for two years after the seminar. Materials may be stored electronically, i.e. on your computer’s hard drive, a flash drive, disc, etc. You must download the seminar materials within 90 days of the seminar; after 90 days, materials will no longer be available.
12. What if I do not pre-register for a seminar, but pay at the door? How will I receive my materials?
In order to retrieve materials the day of the seminar, you must have a laptop, tablet or other electronic device with you that will allow you to electronically access the seminar materials. When you register at the door, a link for the materials will be sent to the email address on file with the Bar.
13. What if I do not receive the email containing the link to download the seminar materials?
Emails regarding seminar materials will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam or junk mail folder for an email from email@example.com. You can also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email program's white or safe list to ensure future delivery.