Diversity and Inclusion Task Force
To ensure implementation of the Bar's core value relating to diversity and to advance and promote diversity and inclusion within the membership and activities of the State Bar of Arizona.
Relationship to Long-Range Plan: Goal 3A -Professionalism - Diversity and Inclusion
During the coming year, the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force will:
- Serve as an umbrella committee for communications and coordination between the Board of Governors and the following committees: the Committee on Minorities and Women in the Law, the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Committee, and the Committee on Persons with Disabilities in the Law;
- Serve as a liaison between the Board of Governors and sister bars focused upon diversity characteristics, such as geographic location, gender, race or ethnicity, religion, etc.;
- Develop a Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan to present to the Board of Governors;
- Communicate and coordinate with the Mentor Committee;
- Develop and implement a single online calendar of events for all diversity related sister bar organizations and diversity related State Bar committees;
- Design and implement an Oral History project whose goal is to educate members and the public regarding individuals who have made significant contributions to the legal community;
- Promote diverse faculty for CLE programs; and
- Consider and be a resource to legal employers for various "best practices" that reflect the Bar's core value relating to diversity.
Task Force Resource Leader:
4201 N. 24th Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-6266