Contribution Request Procedures and Guidelines
The SBA recognizes the value of supporting Arizona-based, legal and community organizations and invites them to submit a request for financial support. We will consider solicitations for contributions not to exceed $1,000 for those events and activities that an organization is planning for 2017. In our mission to promote diversity in the profession and within the SBA, we ask that organizations request funding for activities promoting interaction between all members of the Bar.
Guidelines for Qualification
Please note that the State Bar of Arizona's Contribution Policy requires the following:
The State Bar of Arizona exists to serve and protect the public with respect to the provision of legal services and access to justice. Consistent with these goals, the State Bar of Arizona seeks to improve the administration of justice and the competency, ethics, and professionalism of lawyers practicing in Arizona. 
 Refer to Rule 32, Ariz. R. Sup. Ct., to read the Mission Statement in its entirety.
- The event or program must be consistent with State Bar core values of integrity, service, diversity, professionalism, justice and leadership.
- Funds may not be used for alcohol, administrative costs, speakers, religious services or scholarship fundraising drives.
- The event or program must be consistent with Keller (non-partisan/political).
- Recipients must include sponsorship recognition in brochures, programs, or other event materials distributed.
- Recipients must utilize awarded funds for the event or program requested. If the recipient is unable to utilize the funds for the awarded purpose, a request must be submitted to the Bar for approval of the alternative proposed use of the funds. If the "alternative use" approval is denied, then funds must be returned to the State Bar.
- Recipients must complete and return the Reporting Form provided by the State Bar of Arizona. This provides the Board of Governors with a report of how the funds have been spent in furthering the mission of the State Bar of Arizona, includes copies of event materials recognizing the Bar as a sponsor, and documents that the event or program is consistent with Keller.
- Failure to utilize funds for approved events and/or failure to submit the Reporting Form will impact the organization's ability to receive future funds.
To apply, please complete the Contribution Request Form. The completed request form should be sent electronically to email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to contact Kathy Gerhart, Chief Financial Officer, by email or at 602.340.7392 if you have questions or need additional assistance.
Request submitted were reviewed by the SBA Finance Committee in October and considered for approval by the Board of Governors at the December 2016 meeting. SBA notification of the status of your request will occur in January 2017.
We value your service to our community and encourage you to apply for support from the State Bar.
||Deadline for applications
||Finance Committee review and approve applications
||Contribution request approval/denial letters/emails sent
|30 days prior to event
||Distribution of funds
|60 days after event or program
||File Reporting Form with State Bar