Contribution Request Procedures
Funds available for Arizona-based, legal and community organizations
The State Bar of Arizona (SBA) recognizes the value of supporting Arizona-based, legal and community organizations and invites them to submit a request for financial support.
The SBA will consider solicitations for contributions not to exceed $1,000 for those events and activities that an organization is planning for a calendar year. Contributions will be made to support activities promoting interaction between all members of the Bar.
Organizations requesting financial support must be a recognized non-profit or governmental entity to qualify for a contribution.
Guidelines for Qualification
Please note that the State Bar of Arizona's Contribution Policy requires the following:
- The event or program must be consistent with the Mission Statement of the State Bar (click here to view Mission Statement);
- The event or program must be consistent with State Bar core values of integrity, service, diversity, professionalism, justice and leadership;
- Funds may not be used for alcohol or religious services. The event or program must be consistent with Keller (non-partisan/political);
- Recipients must include sponsorship recognition in brochures, programs, or other event materials;
- Recipients must use awarded funds for the event or program requested. If the recipient is unable to use the funds for the awarded purpose, a request must be submitted to the Bar for approval of an alternative use of the funds. If the "alternative use" is denied, then funds must be returned to the State Bar; and
- Recipients must complete and return the Reporting Form provided by the State Bar of Arizona. This provides the Board of Governors with a report of how funds have been used. The form shall include copies of event materials recognizing the Bar as a sponsor. The form shall certify that the event or program was consistent with Keller.
Failure to use funds for approved events and/or failure to submit the Reporting Form may make the receiving organization ineligible for future contributions.
To apply, please complete the Contribution Request Form. The completed request form should be sent electronically to email@example.com. by January 31, 2018. If you have questions or need additional assistance, contact Kathy Gerhart, Chief Financial Officer via email or at 602.340.7392.
Requests submitted will be reviewed by the SBA Finance and Audit Committee and considered for approval. Notifications of approval/denial will be sent accordingly.
We value your service to our community and encourage you to apply for support from the State Bar.
|Application Submission Deadline:
||January 31, 2018
|Finance and Audit Committee Applications Review:
||February 22, 2018
|Application Approval/Denial Emails Sent:
|Distribution of Funds (varies):
||Quarterly, based on event/program date
|Quarterly based on event/program date File Reporting Form:
||60 days after event/program