Annual Member Fees Statement Instructions
The steps for submitting your statement online or via mail are as follows:
From the AZBar.org home page, click on “For Lawyers”, then click on “Pay Dues > PAY YOUR ANNUAL DUES ONLINE”
- Enter your last name, Bar number (all six digits), birth year (all four digits), then click "Begin Completing Fees Statement" to access your Fees statement.
Note that you will see your demographic information and Payment Summary on the left side of each screen. This information is for reference only, and is not directly editable.
Step 1: Membership, Specialist
- Membership Category. Your current membership status will be checked in the Membership category. If it has changed, or you wish to change, click the radio button next to your appropriate membership status.
- Specialists Category. Your current specialization information will appear here. If this is incorrect, please contact the Specialization Department at 602.340.7326.
Step 2: Section Membership
- You will see a list of sections, with check boxes by the sections of which you are currently listed as a member. To continue in a section, you need do nothing. To add a section, check the box. To leave a section you are already a member of, uncheck the box. The adjusted total cost of section fees will be listed at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3: Insurance Compliance
- If you are in active private practice, click “Yes” in the top of the box, and then click the appropriate response in the lower section indicating whether or not you have current professional liability insurance. Please note the categories of practice that do not require this notification: government lawyers, in-house counsel, judges, and legal services lawyers.
Step 4: Trust and IOLTA Compliance
- If you check any of the three boxes at the top of this form, it is not necessary to complete the rest of the step. If, however, you check Box 3, “... the Arizona Attorney Listed below is responsible ...", you must enter the Bar number (all six digits) of the responsible attorney. DO NOT USE THE “RESPONSIBLE ATTORNEY” BOX FOR YOUR OWN BAR NUMBER.
- If none of the three exemptions/exclusions apply in the top section, continue to the lower section. Be sure to enter the Trust Account information at the bottom of the page below the compliance bullet points. Unless you have one of the top three boxes checked that exempt you from filling out the Trust Account information, you will not be able to continue on to the next page without that information.
- Make any necessary changes to your list of Interest-Bearing Trust Accounts. All information is required. You may add, update or remove any listed accounts.
Step 5: Voluntary Disclosures
- Pro Bono Efforts. Please enter any information regarding your pro bono legal services over the past 12 months. This information is voluntary.
- Voluntary Legal Services Contribution. This is activated by default, in the amount of $50. If you do not wish to contribute, check the “I prefer NOT to make a financial contribution” box. If you choose not to donate, you will be asked to confirm. If you would like to contribute an amount other than $50, select from the choices.
Step 6: Review Fee Statement
- A draft copy of your fee statement will be displayed. Please review it for completeness and accuracy. If you find any problems, you may go back and edit the information at this time. If all appears to be correct, proceed to the next step.
Step 7: Signature and Payment
- Payment Options. You have two options: paying online via secure transaction with a credit card or electronic check, or printing out your Fees Statement and mailing it with a check.
- If paying online, be sure to fill out the requested information completely, and check the “I authorize the State Bar to process the charges outlined above” checkbox. Online payment processing will not work without that box being checked. If you would like a receipt emailed to you, enter the email address to which you would like it sent. You should keep your confirmation page open until you have confirmed that you have received the email receipt.
- If paying by check, choose the “Print my Fees Statement and pay by check” option, and press Next. You can then print and sign the resulting statement and mail it with your check.
- Signature. If paying online by credit card or echeck, you will be required to sign electronically. Type your name as it appears next to “Name of Lawyer”, and click “Confirm Signature”. Please note that you must type your signature exactly as your name appears, and it is case sensitive. For example, “Patrick Henry” cannot be typed “PATRICK HENRY” or “patrick henry” or “Patrick J. Henry.”
Step 8: Complete: Print Fee Statement
- Print a copy of your fee statement for your records.
- If mailing in a check, print another copy, sign and mail with your paper check.