Annual Member Fees Statement Instructions
For the convenience of our members, the State Bar of Arizona provides the capability to submit your annual fees statement and payment online. You may also view, edit and print your fees statement to submit via mail. The process is simplified into a step-by-step, "wizard" format to make it easy to use. The steps for submitting your statement online or via mail are as follows:
From the AZBar.org home page, click on “For Lawyers”, then click on “Pay Fees > PAY YOUR ANNUAL FEES ONLINE”
- Enter your last name, birth year (all four digits), and Bar number (all six digits), then click "Login" to access your Fees statement.
- Note that you will see your demographic information and Payment Summary on the left side of each screen. This information is for reference only, and is not editable.
Step 1: Membership, Specialist
- Membership Status. Your current Membership status will be checked in the Membership category. If it is different, click the radio button next to your appropriate Membership status.
- Specialists Category. Your current specialization information will appear here. If this is not correct, please contact the Resource Center at 602.340.7326.
Step 2: Section Membership
- Choosing section membership has been greatly simplified. You will see a list of sections, with checkboxes by the sections of which you are currently listed as a member. To continue in a section, you need do nothing. To add a section, check the box. To remove a section you’re already a member of, uncheck the box. The adjusted total cost of Section fees will be listed at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3: Insurance Compliance
- If you are in active private practice, click “Yes” in the top of the box, and then click the appropriate response in the lower section indicating whether or not you have current professional liability insurance. Please note the categories of practice that do not require this notification: government lawyers, in-house counsel, judges, and legal services lawyers.
Step 4: Trust and IOLTA Compliance
- If you check any of the three boxes at the top of this form, it is not necessary to complete the rest of the Step. If however you check Box 3, “adopting the responses of another attorney,” you must enter the Bar number (all six digits) of the responsible attorney. DO NOT USE THE “RESPONSIBLE ATTORNEY” BOX FOR YOUR OWN BAR NUMBER.
- If none of the three exemptions/exclusions apply in the top section, continue to the lower section. Be sure to enter the Trust Account information at the bottom of the page below the compliance bullet points; unless you have one of the top three boxes checked that exempt you from filling out the Trust Account information, you will not be able to continue on to the next page without that information.
Step 5: Voluntary ProBono, Voluntary Contribution
- Pro Bono Efforts. Please enter any information regarding your pro bono legal services over the past 12 months.
- Voluntary Legal Services Contribution. This is activated by default, in an amount of $50.00. If you do not wish to contribute, simply check the “I prefer NOT to make a financial contribution” box. If you would like to contribute an amount different than $50.00, enter the amount over the top of the $50.00 in the amount field.
Step 6: Signature and Payment
- Signature. Type your name as it appears next to “Name of Lawyer:”, and click “Confirm Signature.” Please note that you must type your signature exactly as your name appears, and it is case sensitive. Exempli gratia, “Patrick Henry” cannot be typed “PATRICK HENRY” or “patrick henry” or “Patrick J. Henry.”
- Payment Options.You have two options: paying online via secure transaction with a credit card or electronic check, or printing out your Fees statement and mailing it with a check.
- If paying online, please make sure to fill out the requested information completely, and check the “I authorize the State Bar to process the charges outlined above” checkbox. Online payment processing will not work without that box being checked. If you would like a receipt emailed to you, enter the email address to which you would like it sent. It is a good idea to keep your confirmation page open until you have confirmed that you have received the email receipt.
- If paying by check, choose the “Print my Fees Statement and pay by check” option, and press Next. You can then print the resulting statement and mail it with your check.
Thank you. The process is complete.